Before You Get Started
Here are some things to keep in mind before you begin:
- The lesson is organized around a series of videos and presentations. Please print the Lesson One Study Guide and use it to take notes as you progress through the lesson.
- You should download, save, and/or print a copy of the Lesson One Study Guide now.
- This lesson should take you about 30 to 40 minutes to complete. It is best if you can complete it in one sitting. If you must stop before you finish the entire lesson, just note the page you are on, so when you return to the lesson, you can pick up where you left off.
- Throughout the lesson there are short self-check activities such as drag and drop games, flash cards, and matching questions. These are designed to be fun and to help you learn the material; they are not graded.
- IMPORTANT: If you are completing this lesson for course credit, check your course syllabus or ask your instructor about assignment requirements. For example, your instructor may ask you to submit your completed study guide and/or may require that you complete a short quiz.
- It's a good idea to have the latest versions of Flash and QuickTime on your computer. If you have trouble viewing any of the pages in the lesson:
a. Flash: Flash version 10.3 or higher needed.
1. Check your version of Flash.
2. Install the latest version of Flash.
b. QuickTime: Version 7.7 or higher needed.
Download and install the latest version of QuickTime. Note: Once you have downloaded QuickTime, you must install it. Start the install process by clicking "Run." Detailed instructions for installing are at the bottom of the QuickTime download page.
2. Also be sure pop-up blockers are disabled in your browser.